Dr. Oz 3 Day Detox Plan & Dr. Woodson Merrell, Author of The Detox Prescription
Dr. Oz invited Dr. Woodson Merrell (author of The Detox Prescription) on to today’s show to talk about how detoxing your body can help to rid your body of toxins and rejuvenate your health. Listed below is Dr. Woodson Merrell’s 3 Day Detox Plan to help cleanse your organs and improve your overall health.
3 Day Detox Guide
Dr. Woodson Merrell explained that 3 three day detox plan will improve your health by lowering body inflammation, lowering your blood pressure, increasing your energy, with the added benefit of losing weight. Here is his plan to detox your body in just 3 days :
- Breakfast – Have a “Green Goodness Smoothie” – Green Drink veggie smoothies are a great way to give you a burst of energy in the morning as well as detox your body of toxins.
- Mid morning snack – Drink a glass of almond milk (raw) to keep you feeling full
- Lunch – Cranberry Apple Juice Supreme – Helps to cleanse your kidneys and bowels so they can release toxins from the body more efficiently.
- Late afternoon snack – Sweet potato and apple smoothie
- Dinner meal – Have a smoothie made with avocado and pears. High in anti-oxidants to further help rid your body of toxins.
- After dinner snack – Drink a glass of walnut milk
Dr. Woodson Merrell said that this detox plan contains approximately 1,200 calories and contains a blend of healthy fats, proteins, and amino acids.
Dr. Oz asked two women from the audience who participated in the 3 day detox, and they both said that it was hard in the beginning but on the second day they already felt better and noticed that they had already lost some weight.Dr. Merrell said that after you have completed the 3 day detox plan it is recommended that you proceed with the 21 day plan (which you can read in his book). He said that the 21 day plan allows more solid foods during the first few days and by the end of the detox you will have added back animal proteins to your diet.
Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to view his show regularly? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries!