Dr. Oz Talks With Aarti Sequeria About Indian Food and Shares Smoothie Recipes
One of the healthiest kinds of food that may be flying under your radar is Indian food! Today, Dr. Oz invited the host of “Aarti Party” (from the food network, Aarti Sequeria on to the show to talk about Indian food tips and how to prepare healthy and delicious Indian foods. Aarti also shares smoothie recipes that are easy to make and very good for you. Listed below are the Aloo Gobi, Bloat Busting Banana, and Dark Chocolate smoothie recipes that he shared on today’s show.
Aloo Gobi Recipe
- 1 small head of a cauliflower cut into pieces
- 1 large serrano pepper that is sliced down the center leaving the “halves” attached
- 1 russet potato that is cut (and peeled) into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp peanut oil (avoid if you have a peanut allergy)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp coriander (ground)
- 1/8 tsp hing
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp minced cilantro (optional as a garnish)
Preparation directions :
- Using a small bowl, mix the turmeric, coriander, ginger, and 1/2 cup of water (save the other 1/2 cup for later). Set the mixture aside
- Heat the peanut oil in a large pot and set temp to medium/high until the oil is heated but not yet smoking. Add serrano pepper and cook for approximately 30 seconds. Now, add in cumin seeds and cook until the cumin seeds are no longer popping.
- Add the marsala mixture (step #1) and hing. Aarti warned that you should be cautious because it may splatter some.
- Cook the mixture until it darkens and thickens. You should see oil start to seap out from the sides of the marsala mixture.
- Stir in the cauliflower and russet potatoes. Mix the veggies with the marsala until all sides of the vegetables are coated. Season with kosher salt and the other 1/2 cup of water. Cover the pot and simmer for ten to fifteen mins. After 15 minutes remove the lid and mix thoroughly. Allow to simmer for 5 more minutes. If the cauliflower and potatoes are soft and have been cooked through then you are done!
- Garnish the dish with cilantro and enjoy your Aloo Gobi Indian dish!
Banana Smoothie To Reduce Bloating Recipe
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (choose plain)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- 2 dates (pitted)
Preparation directions :
Blend and enjoy your banana bloat busting smoothie. Easy as that!
Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to tune in to see his show regularly? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries.