Dr. Oz Talks About Ayurvedic Skin Types And What Foods To Eat and Avoid If Your A Pitta, Vata, or Kapha
Today Dr. Oz did a segment on skin types. Take the Ayurvedic Skin Type Test to find out what type you are. During this segment Dr. Oz invited Dr. Kulreet Chaudhary on to the show to talk about foods that you should be eating or avoiding to improve your skin. Your diet has a lot to do with skin conditions and the information below is a great way to incorporate your diet into improving the health of your skin.
What Foods To Eat If You Are A Vata Skin Type
Dr. Kulreet Chaudhary’s talked about how important diet is to Vata skin types. She explained to Dr. Oz that if you have Vata skin type your skin is more inclined to thin and age faster than other skin types. The good news is that you can be incorporating the following foods into your diet to improve Vata skin types.
- Add more whole grains to your diet
- Drink warm milk
- Take an Ashwagandha supplement (500 mg 2 times per day for stress and skin health)
- Instead of eating raw vegetables eat more cooked vegetables
- Add ginger to your meals (fresh or ground is ok)
Foods To Eat If You Are A Pitta Skin Type
Pitta skin types often have red or pinkish hues in their skin. They also frequently have freckles and/or moles. Sun burns are common with Pitta skin types. Dr. Chaudhary recommends adding the following foods to Pitta skin types :
- Rose jam
- Sweet fruits like melons, mangos, and pears
- Coconut oil (you can cook with coconut oil or apply to your skin)
- Add some tumeric to your meals
- Chew some fennel seeds after meals. This will help with digestion
- Alma Berry – Take 250 milligrams per day
- Avoid spicy foods
Foods To Eat If You Are A Kapha Skin Type
Kapha skin types usually have plump and moist skin. Kapha skin types age more slowly than Pitta and Vata skin types. However, they are more prone to hold on to toxins which leads to skin eruptions. Here are the suggestions that Dr. Chaudhary recommended on Dr. Oz
- Spicy foods
- Black pepper
- Guggul – Take 75-150 milligrams per day
- Avoid oily foods
Neem, The Super Herb Beneficial For Every Body Type
Have you ever heard of Neem before? Dr. Chaudhary said that Neem is a very beneficial herb that removes toxins from your body, including your skin! Other benefits of Neem include :
- Clears up acne
- Kills bacteria
You can purchase Neem lotion to treat acne. You can purchase it as a face wash, a lotion, a bath tea, and even as a toothpaste!
Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view show recaps and summaries to view at your convenience.