The time of day that you eat can help you to lose weight, and even help protect against heart disease and other health related illnesses. Today, Dr. Oz shared a “Best Time To Eat Quiz” to find out if you are eating at the right time for optimal health and weight loss success.
Also view other health quizzes featured on the Dr. Oz Show :
Best Time Of Day To Eat Quiz
Question #1 – How Consistent Is Your Eating Throughout The Day
A) Same time every day
Do you have a meal schedule that you follow or are you a “grazer” and eat smaller meals all throughout the day?
Question #2 – How Do You Group Your Meals?
A) Three square meals
B) Always grazing
Question #3 – What Describes Your Breakfast Habits?
A) Always eats breakfast
B) Always skip breakfast
Question #4 – What Time Do You Eat Dinner?
A) By 8PM
B) After 8PM
Ideally you want to answer “A” to all the questions on the quiz. If you answered mostly “B’s” on the quiz it means that your eating at the wrong time of the day. Eating the right time of the day can make a big difference in your heart health, the risk of diabetes, and with your ability to lose weight.
No Guilt Frozen Hazelnut and Honey Terrine Recipe
Chef, Geoffrey Zakarian offered his “no guilt” frozen dessert recips that combines the crunchy delight of smoky hazelnut with sweet honey flavor. It’s also healthy! The ingredients are anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
Note : contains eggs for those who are allergic and be sure to cook the eggs properly to destroy any potential for Salmonella.
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch pan with plastic wrap that has an overhang of 4 inches.
- Toast the hazelnuts in oven until lightly golden (this should take approximately 8 to 10 minutes). Allow to cool
- Add the hazelnuts to a food processor and mix until the nuts are crumbly.
- Add honey to the processor and mix till the hazelnuts and honey are mixed to a paste. Scrape the mixture into a large bowl.
- Using a mixer, whisk the egg whites until foamy. Add sugar slowly and mix thoroughly.
- In a large bowl whip the creamy mixture and add in vanilla extract.
- Add 1/3 of the egg white mixture to the hazelnut and honey paste. Mix together.
- Fold in the remaining egg white mixture.
- Fold in another layer
- Spread into a prepared loaf pan.
- Cover the surface with the 4 inches of overhanging plastic wrap.
- Freeze overnight
- Enjoy your Frozen Hazelnut and Honey Terrine Recipe
Epsom Salt Uses
During a followup segment on today’s Dr. Oz show they talked about some very surprising uses of Epsom salts.
- Hair volumizer – Add some Epsom salt to your conditioner. It will help remove excess oil from your hair, which can make your hair too heavy and flat. Hair volumizer home recipe = Mix equal parts Epsom salt and conditioner. Leave in your hair for 20 minutes before rinsing. Use the volumizer treatment once per week.
- Sunburn relief – Epsom salt is a powerful antiinflammatory and helps to relieve sunburn. Mix 2 tbsp of Epsom salt in one cup of water and apply to sunburn.
- Lip Balm – Mix a few tbsp’s of salt with a teaspoon of petroleum jelly (vaseline for example). This mixture helps to remove dead or dry skin on the lips and they will look fullier, healthier and softer.
This recipe contains 8 servings. Each serving is 240 calories.
Are you a fan of Dr Oz but unable to view his show as often as you would like? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries.
Today’s Dr. Oz Show was featured on March 9, 2017