Sweet Potato Burger and Unfried Chicken Recipes by Dr. Mark Hyman – The Blood Sugar Plan
Dr. Oz invited Dr. Mark Hyman on to the show to talk about how you can reverse diabetes in six weeks. Dr. Hyman said that the food that you consume is better than any pill that you can take. By making a few lifestyle changes you can lose 20 pounds in six weeks while preventing or reversing “diabesity”, one of the fastest growing epidemics in America.
Listed below are two recipes that can help to lower your blood sugar and your blood pressure. Enjoy delicious meals like Mark Hyman’s Sweet Potato Burger and Unfried Chicken recipes. Reverse diabetes with a healthy diet and without sacrificing flavor!
Dr Mark Hyman’s Plan To Lower Your Blood Sugar
Here is Mark Hyman’s diet plan that can reverse diabetes!
- Meals should be 1/2 vegetables (choose non starchy veggies), 1/4 protein, and 1/4 carbohydrates
- Be a “Qualitarian” – Not all calories are created equal, according to Dr. Mark Hyman. You should choose healthy sources to get your calories, rather than soda’s, junk food, etc…
- Detox your body with cruciferous veggies like broccoli, watercress, cauliflower, artichokes, etc…
- Eat healthy fats. He recommended swapping in coconut butter in place of regular butter. Substitute vegetable oil with grapeseed oil.
Sweet Potato Burger Recipe
Here are the delicious recipes that Mark Harmon shared on Dr. Oz that can lower your risk for getting diabetes and will help to lower your blood pressure and sugar levels.
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 cans of cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup of almond flour
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado (cut into slices)
- Salt and pepper
- 5 oz mixed salad greens
- 2 tbsp of Tahini paste
- 1 lemon
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Preheat oven, set to 400 degrees
- Line a cooking sheet or baking pan with foil
- Poke holes in sweet potato
- brush the sweet potato with the 1 tsp of olive oil
- season the potato with salt and pepper
- Bake 45-50 minutes
- Remove sweet potato from oven and allow to cool in a bowl
- Add the cannellini beans and mash together with the sweet potato
- Add cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Blend
- Add almond flour and shape the mixture to form 8 patties
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in a pan and cook the patties until crispy and turns to a golden brown color. This process should only take 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Tahini dressing directions
- Blend tahini paste, lemon juice, lemon zest, and garlic.
Unfried Chicken Recipe Shared By Mark Hyman on Dr. Oz
- 4 five ounce skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 1 tbsp finely chopped yellow onion
- 3 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 chopped thyme
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp of paprika
Preparation directions :
- Preheat oven (350 degrees)
- Lightly grease cookie sheet
- Mix almond meal & flax in a bowl
- Using a different bowl mix the remaining ingredients. Coat chicken with mixture
- drizzle the flax and almond flour mixture on top of the chicken breasts. Do this on both sides of the chicken breasts.
Cook for 20 to 30 minutes on the top rack of the oven
Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to tune into his daily television broadcasts? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries to view at your leisure while you are on Facebook.