Summer is in full swing, and ice cream is that perfect treat to cool you down.. Except, if you are on a diet or just want to be living a more healthy lifestyle. Today Dr. Oz shared some delicious ice cream recipes that are made with healthy ingredients that will satisfy your cravings and actually be good for your health and diet. Listed below are the Avocado, Cherry White Chocolate, and Mango Rum ice cream recipes that were featured on the June 29, 2017 episode.
Avocado Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 avocados
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. In a blender mix all of the ingredients noted above and puree until smooth.
2. Pour avocado mixture into a freezer-safe bowl with lid
3. Freeze until solid.
4. Enjoy your avocado ice cream!
Mango Rum Ice Cream Recipe
This one will make you feel like your relaxing on the beach in the tropics!
- 10 ounces of frozen mango chunks
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup rum
1. Mix all ingredients shown in the list above together in a blender until smooth and creamy.
2. Pour ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze overnight until hard.
Cherry and White Frozen Yogurt Ice Cream Recipe
Chocolate, cherries, and yogurt all together for a delicious and nutritious summer time treat. Try your hand at making frozen yogurt at home with this fruity recipe. Cherry and white chocolate are the perfect combination for a summer’s day.
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of orange flavored liquor (this is optional)
1. Mix all ingredients noted above except white chocolate chips in a blender and mix until smooth and creamy.
2. Add white chocolate chips into the blender and blend for just a few seconds until the white chocolate chips are broken into tiny small bits.
3. Pour mixture into a metal pan and freeze for one hour. Take the pan out of the freezer and mix. Then return to freezer.
Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to view his show as often as you would like? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries of health topics and recipes that are featured on his tv show.