The “Healthy” Coconut Oil Pancake Recipe on Dr Oz. By Pina LoGiudice
Today Dr. Oz did a segment about coconut oil and how this “miracle fat” can actually help you lose weight, reduce your cholesterol, while boosting your metabolism and energy. He invited Pina Logiudice on to the show who is a Naturopathic Doctor. She calls coconut oil a super food because of all the healthy components that it has.
Coconut oil is a healthy swap for butter and can be used in all sorts of recipes. Listed below Pina’s coconut oil recipe that she makes for her daughter. Also check out Tony Horton’s “Reshake Your Body Recipe” for a delicious way to to start your day.
Coconut Oil Pancakes Recipe by Pina Logiudice
Whoever thought that pancakes could be heart healthy and help to lower your bad cholesterol levels!
- 1 cup of pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of cardamom
- 1 tsp ground flax
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
How To Make :
- Mix all the ingredients above except for the nuts and coconut flakes (to sprinkle over top)
- Cook pancake according to the directions on the store bought package
- Sprinkle coconut garnish over the top of pancakes
Double Coconut Popcorn Recipe
Here is yet another recipe that was featured on today’s Dr. Oz show and another healthy alternative to butter that you can incorporate into your diet.
Ingredients and Directions :
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- Cayenne pepper (just a dash)
- Kosher salt
How To Make :
- Add coconut flakes to frying pan with some salt and toast until browned
- Pop the popcorn kernels and coconut oil in a covered pot
- Sprinkle cayenne on top of coconut flakes
Do You Have Any Coconut Oil Recipes To Share?
Do you have any of your own recipes that you would like to share with us? We would love to hear from you in our Healthy Recipes Forum.