Dr. Oz Talks About Counterfeit foods and Bait and Switch Fraud Used In Many Grocery Stores on February 11, 2013
As you stroll through the grocery store the last thing you may be thinking is that you may be getting scammed. After Dr. Oz’s February 11, 2013 episode you may think differently after you learn all of the tricks and grocery store fraud that occurs in many stores all over the country. Dr. Oz wants to let shoppers all around the country know what is commonly going on and what you can do to protect yourself.
Shopper Beware, Consumer Alert!
Dr. Oz goes undercover to investigate the deceptive practices that grocery stores are using and how you this fraud is not only costing you money but also putting your health at risk as well. He will be talking about fillers that are being added to your food, labels that are misleading at best, and ingredients that are being swapped without your knowledge. Find out which “Counterfeit Foods” you should be concerned about. On February 11, 2013 Dr. Oz will be raising awareness about these deceptive practices so you can be armed with the information you need to avoid being a victim yourself.
Update : The show has been aired and here are the segments that appeared on today’s show :
- Baking Soda Lemon Juice Test – See if the 100% lemon juice that you purchased is indeed 100%!
- Olive Oil Scam – Learn how 65 percent of extra virgin olive oil is fake and tips to take to make sure the olive oil that you buy is genuine.
- Fish Fraud In Grocery Stores – 38% of the fish in grocery stores are being mislabeled with cheaper alternatives. Read the tips to make sure the fish you buy is the fish that you want!
- Stroke Risk From Ibuprofen – Dr. Oz talks about the risk of long term Ibuprofen use.
- Medications Acetaminophen – You can damage your liver from taking too much Acetaminophen.
Fillers, Ingredient Swaps, and Bait and Switch
Dr. Oz was stunned when he found out how rampant grocery store fraud is and alarmed at what the potential risks can mean to you, the consumer. Dr. Oz was angered when he found out how common and widespread the problem of ingredients being swapped and fillers being added to your food without your knowledge. By the time you have finished watching this episode you will be a much smarter shopper and you will be much less likely to fall victim to a grocery store ‘bait and switch’ scam. Be sure to turn into this episode to find out all of the details. In case that you won’t be able to tune in to the show you should consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to stay up to date on daily topics. We will post show summaries and recaps for you to peruse if you so choose.
The guests that will be sharing the stage on 2-11-2013 will be : Beth Lowell, Dan Flynn, and Dr. Devi Nampiaparampil