Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Detox Recipes on Dr. Oz
Today’s Dr. Oz Show was about how to Detox and lose 10 pounds in one month without exercising or depriving yourself. They talk about the 10 detox foods that you should be eating during the cleanse. Listed below are three recipes that they shared on the show that include ingredients that are allowed on the detox diet plan. Enjoy a breakfast smoothie, fish taco’s for lunch, and a delicious Shepherd’s pie for dinner! Lose weight while still eating delicious and satisfying meals. Also be sure to check out the 10 “Clean Detox” foods you should be eating as well as the 10 foods that you should avoid.
Detox Smoothie For Breakfast
When you aren’t eating the right foods you can overwork your digestive system and cause problems. Dr. Alejandro Junger was Dr. Oz’s guest for the detox segments and he said that eliminating foods that are bad for your digestive system is a key first step during the detoxing process. Here is the breakfast smoothie recipe that he recommends that you drink during the first day of your detox.
- 1 cup of frozen berries (you decide which berries you would like)
- 1-2 cups of spinach
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 tbsps protein powder (plant based)
Blend all of the smoothie ingredients listed above and enjoy
Fish Taco Detox Recipe
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Two 8 ounce halibut fillets
- 4 large dark green lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup of red cabbage (shredded)
How to make salsa for the fish tacos
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup bok choy
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- Lemon juice from half of a lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
Fish taco preparation directions :
- Mix all of the salsa ingredients together and set aside
- Cook the halibut fillets in coconut oil for approximately 3 minutes on each side. Remove and cut into pieces
- Top the lettuce leaves with the halibut pieces, shredded cabbage, and salsa
- Add juice from lemon wedge
Shepherd’s Pie Detox Recipe
- 10 cups of steamed cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small bok choy (chopped into pieces)
- 8 ounces of diced poached chicken
- 1 tsp salt
Shepherd’s Pie Preparation Directions :
- Set oven to 400 degrees and preheat
- Mix the cauliflower, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 tsp of salt. Blend mixture until it is pureed
- In a medium skillet add 2 tsp of coconut oil and saute broccoli for 2 mins. Remove broccoli and set aside in a bowl.
- Cook the bok choy (in the same skillet you cooked the broccoli in) for 2 minutes or until it begins to brown. Remove the Bok Choy and add to the broccoli that you set aside in a bowl.
- Add the diced chicken and cauliflower puree to the broccoli and bok choy.
- Pour the chicken, bok choy, cauliflower mixture into a 4 cup baking dish. Add any remaining cauliflower puree to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes to brown the top of the dish