Domino’s Pizza Cheat Recipe by Todd Wilbur on Dr Oz
How would you like to eat Domino’s Pizza without all the guilt, calories, and fat? Well, you can if you follow Todd Wilbur’s “Domino’s Pizza Cheat Recipe” that was featured on today’s Dr. Oz Show. Todd Wilbur showed Dr. Oz how to make a much healthier dough, crust, how to make the secret sauce, and how you can cut calories and fat in a huge way. Also check out the other segments from today’s show like Dr. Oz flu and cold prevention tips.
Almost everyone seems to love pizza. However, nobody likes to witness an expanding waistline. I really look forward to trying Todd’s “Domino’s Pizza Cheat Recipe”. They made the pizza on Dr. Oz’s stage. It looked like it would actually be quite fun to make. It was a recipe that you could make a family event. Bring the kids in the kitchen and make a delicious and healthy recipe that the whole family can love.. You will love it even more when you know that you are cutting approximately 200 calories per slice!
Domino’s Pizza Cheat Recipe
- 1 cup of water
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsps yeast
- 1 1/4 cups of bread flour
- 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbs of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of corn meal
Directions On How To Make The Pizza Dough
- Using small bowl or glass, mix the water, sugar, yeast, and sugar. Stir thoroughly
- Mix flour, oil, and salt in a mixing bowl
- Pour the water mixture that you mixed in the glass into the flour mixture. Mix thoroughly. Todd said that you can mix by needing the dough for five minutes.
- Sprinkle the corn meal onto a surface in which you can roll the flour into the a circular “pizza shape”.
Pizza Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup of tomatoes (crushed)
- 1 cup of tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground oregano
- 1/8 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp dried marjoram
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
Directions on how to make the pizza sauce
- Mix the crushed tomatoes and tomato puree in a blender or food processor (for about 30 seconds).
- Add tomato sauce you mixed to a pan and cook on medium heat until the sauce begins to bubble. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 30 minutes. Be sure to stir the sauce occasionally while it is simmering.
- Remove from heat and cool
Combining The Pizza Dough, Sauce, and Cheese
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees
- spread out the sauce that you just created on the pizza dough that you have rolled out.
- Add 1 1/3 cups of reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.
So how many calories did you save?
Curious about how many calories and fat you just saved? A slice of Domino’s pizza recipe contains 306 calories and 13 grams of fat per slice. Todd Wilbur’s Domino’s Cheat pizza recipe costs 185 calories and 3 grams of fat per slice! Enjoy without the guilt!
Garlic Butter Cheat Recipe
Ok, now that you have saved yourself loads of fat and calories making the pizza. How about making homemade garlic butter! Here is the recipe that Todd shared with Dr. Oz.
- 2 tsps of melted butter
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 tsp of parsley (dried)
- 1/8 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt