Celebrity Chef Donatella Arpaia Talks About Her Weight Loss While On HCG Injections On Dr. Oz
Today Dr. Oz dedicated the majority of his show to HCG Injections, potential HCG side effects, and for those who may be ideal candidates may want to consider this method of weight loss. During this segment on today’s episode Dr. Oz invited the celebrity chef, Donatella Arpaia (from the Food Network) to talk about her success following the HCG diet and to share some of her meals that she ate while she lost so much weight.
Donatella Arpaia Loses 35 Pounds on HCG
Donatella Arpaia told Dr. Oz that she had a baby when she was 40 years old and had a hard time losing the post pregnancy weight. She said that she discovered HCG injections and thought that this was the answer that she was looking for. Donatella decided to hive HCG a try and much to her delight it was a success because she lost 35 pounds!
Donatella told Dr. Oz that while it didn’t totally take away her hunger, it did suppress her appetite. She strongly feels that it was the HCG shots that suppressed her hunger rather than just calorie restriction. Donatella told Dr. Oz that she had tried going on a 1,200 calorie a day diet in the past to lose weight but she never had any success. Once she reduced her calorie intake to 600-800 calories along with HCG injections she lost 35 lbs.
Donatella Arpaia’s Meals That She Ate While On HCG
When you are restricted to as little as 500 calories per day (in Donatella’s case it was 600-800 calories) you have to get pretty creative to make satisfying meals. Dr. Oz isn’t a big fan of extremely low calorie diets but he did ask her to share her recipes and ways to spice up her meals while on HCG. These are some of the tips that she shared to get as much flavor as possible out of her low calorie meals.
Examples of Donatella’s Meal Plan While On The HCG Diet
- Traditional HCG Breakfast – Hard boiled egg whites with an apple (contains 100 calories)
- Donatella’s Alternative Breakfast – Egg white ham omelet. She added flavor with fresh basil and roasted cherry tomatoes (this recipe contains only 110 calories)
- Traditional HCG Lunch – Boiled shrimp with a head of lettuce (100 calories)
- Donatella’s Twist To Add Flavor – Panko Crusted shrimp with apricot chili sauce (she used the sauce for dipping rather than pouring it over the shrimp. You consume less calories this way). Steamed broccoli. (This little recipe twist has the same amount of calories as the traditional HCG lunch but with much more flavor)
- Traditional HCG Dinner – Steamed broccoli, baked chicken
- Donatella’s Dinner Recipe – Panko crusted chicken and Tarragon chicken with cauliflower (roasted) mixed with greek yogurt. (300 calories)
- Traditional HCG Dessert – Baked apple (180 calories)
- Donatella Arpaia’s Dessert – Pumpkin Mousse & Coconut Whipped Cream (90 calories)
What is Dr. Oz’s Opinion About HCG?
As the segment about HCG came to a conclusion Dr. Oz gave his final opinion about HCG injections and if this is a good diet for weight loss. He said that some research has shown is intriguing (muscle retention on such a low calorie diet), he still has come concerns as well. He said that if you are thinking about trying HCG he recommends finding a professional who follows a custom plan like Dr. Emma does. In Dr. Emma’s plan not everybody is on the same calorie restriction. Some are 500 per day while others are at 800 per day. Dr. Oz also recommended asking for data about their patients who are currently taking HCG injections.
Like “Fans of Dr Oz” to view summaries and show recaps of the topics discussed on the show. Also chime in with fellow Dr Oz fans about the health related topics of the day.