Dr. Oz Talks About Forbidden (Also Known as Black Rice) Fights Fatigue
Have you ever heard of Forbidden Rice? “Forbidden” may be a strange term for a food that is so health. Dr. Oz believes that it is a superfood that you should be adding to your shopping cart. On today’s (January 21, 2014) show Dr. Oz spoke about the health benefits of forbidden rice (aka….black rice) and how it can help you battle fatigue and exhaustion.
The Health Benefits of Black Rice
Dr. Oz said that he first learned about the amazing health benefits of black rice from his mother in law. After further research Dr. Oz found out about all of the amazing health benefits that forbidden rice has to offer. Here are some of the benefits that he share on today’s show :
- High in iron and magnesium – These nutrients are deficient in many people who suffer from fatigue.
- Loaded with protein. The protein that is in black rice is released slowly into the body. This means you will have a long and sustained energy, rather than quick spikes and then ultimately an energy crash later.
- Full of antioxidants to fuel your body and keep you from getting fatigue like symptoms
- High amounts of potassium, zinc, amino acids
- Lower in carbohydrates than other rices. Low in calories as well
How To Incorporate Black Rice Into your Diet Plan
If you aren’t certain of how to prepare or incorporate forbidden rice into your diet, here are some handy tips that were shared on today’s episode :
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially for those who suffer from fatigue. Supplying your body with a slow released long lasting energy source is key. Make some black rice pudding and have that with your breakfast in the morning. You should notice more energy that will last.
- Added black rice to salads and other dishes.
- Have some black rice as a side dish with some salmon and a vegetable like asparagus.
Forbidden (or black) rice is quite inexpensive. You can find it in your local grocery store for approximately five dollars for an entire bag.
Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to view his show as often as you would like? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries.