Dr. Oz Talks About Types of Acid That Is Good For Skin – Glycolic, Lactic, Salicylic
Today’s Dr. Oz show did a segment talking about types of acid that is actually good for your skin. They talked about how glycolic acid is a good wrinkle treatment, lactic acid helps with dry skin, and salicylic acid is good for acne. Dr. Oz also demonstrated what Leaky Bladder is and how Vitamin D can help to treat this condition.
What Is Leaky Bladder and How Vitamin D Supplements Can Help
Leaky Bladder syndrome can be an embarrassing ailment that is awkward to bring up with your doctor or talk about with your loved ones. However, it is a very common condition that affects many women over the age of 40. Leaky Bladder is often the result of giving childbirth. It can also occur when you gain weight. The muscles on the pelvic floor weaken and this can result in uncontrollable bladder leakage at inappropriate times. Simply laughing or sneezing can be a problem for many women who have Leaky Bladder.
Vitamin D Supplements Treat Leaky Bladder
Leaky Bladder solutions or tips given by Dr. Oz :
- A temporary fix is to wear a tampon for 6-8 hours if you are out with friends and you are likely to be laughing (which may trigger leaky bladder)
- Take 1000 IU’s of Vitamin D. Dr. Oz said that Vitamin D has been shown to help strengthen the muscles in the pelvic floor.
Anti-Wrinkle Treatment and Remedies
Dr. Oz spoke about the “acids” that are helpful at rejuvenating the skin to help reduce fine lines, wrinkles, acnes, and dry skin. Here are the recommendations that were given on today’s show :
- Wrinkles – The most effective acid for wrinkles and fine lines is Glycolic Acid. This is because glycolic acid helps to exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin cells and brink younger looking skin to the surface. It also stimulates collagen growth. Dr. Oz said to read the label and look for a product that contains 10% glycolic acid.
- Dry skin – Lactic acid helps dry skin by holding on to moisture and pulling water into the skin. Lactic acid is found in many moisturizers found on the market. Look for 12% lactic acid on the label to receive optimal benefits.
- Acne – Salicylic Acid is very effective at treating acne. Salicylic acid is found in many acne creams and cleansers. Dr. Oz said to read the labels and look for an acne treatment that says 2% salicylic acid.
Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to view his show regularly? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries.