Dr. Oz’s Wife Lisa Shares Her Perfect Poached Egg, and Starving Surgeon Salad Recipe
Most people are on the run all day long.. Errands, kids, work, vacations, etc…. Who has time to prepare healthy and nutritious meals for your family? Today Dr. Oz invited his beautiful wife Lisa on to the show to share some of her favorite “on the go recipes” that can be made in as little as five minutes and are power packed with protein, healthy carbs, and nutrients your body needs to thrive and flourish. During this episode segment Lisa Oz shares here Starving Surgeon Salad, and “Perfect” Open Faced Poached Eggrecipes.
Starving Surgeon Salad Recipe By Lisa Oz
- 2 cups of arugula
- 1/3 cups of pomegranate seeds
- 6 oz cooked chicken or shrimp (as an alternative if you are a vegetarian or just would prefer an alternative you can use tofu instead)
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- 4 tbsp feta cheese (you can also use alternative cheeses if you don’t like feta cheese)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Salt & pepper
Preparation directions : Simply combine all of the ingredients noted above and toss. Enjoy your “Starving Surgeon Sald”
Dr. Oz’s Wife Lisa’s Open Faced Poached Egg Sandwich
Instead of frying up an egg consider making an open faced poached egg which is much more health. Here are the ingredients and directions that were given on the show :
- 1 poached egg (Lisa gave a secret tip that she says helps to make the “perfect” poached egg. Try adding some white vinegar to the boiling water. It help to keep the poached egg together nicely when you place the egg in the water)
- 1 toasted slice of Ezekiel bread
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Truffle oil
Preparation directions :
- Toast the Ezekiel bread and spread on some coconut oil and rub with garlic clove.
Place the poached egg on the toasted Ezekiel bread and drizzle with truffle oil.
Are you unable to view Dr. Oz as often as you would like? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view show recaps and summaries of the segments that were featured on the show each day.