Today Dr. Oz and Kristin Kirkpatrick spoke about wonderful ways in which you can reboot your Liver. You would be surprised at how many ways that you could be harming your liver. Many people instantly think that alcohol is what causes fatty liver, which can lead to liver damage and cirrhosis if left unchecked. While, it is true that excessive alcohol can damage the liver, so can fatty foods like cheeseburgers, pizzas, candy, soda, and other commonly consumed foods that many people eat on a daily basis. Dr. Oz and Kristin Kirkpatrick shared a Beet Chips recipe and explained why beets are one of the best foods for your liver. Kristin Kirkpatrick says that even kids will love her beet chips recipe! Listed below is her recipe and how you can reboot your liver easily and painlessly.
Beet Chips Recipe for a Happy Liver by Kristin Kirkpatrick
Ingredients : Large beats (thinly sliced), Olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, chopped rosemary.
Kristin Kirkpatricks says one of the best foods in the world that you can eat to keep your liver healthy is beets. Beets are loaded with choline, which helps to aid your liver function. However, many people (especially kids) don’t like eating beets. Baked beet chips are delicious and nutritious while giving you the crunch and feel of potato chips.
- 3 large beets, rinsed and scrubbed
- olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Carefully slice the beets with a knife into thin slices.
3. Place the beets on two baking sheets and drizzle lightly with olive oil
4. Add a pinch of salt, pepper, and rosemary to the beet chips.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy and slightly brown.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool down before serving. Enjoy!
Dr Oz Liver Reboot Plan
#1 Undo the damage that has been done – You can’t take away all the potato chips, burgers, and pizzas that you have eaten in your life but the liver has the miraculous ability to heal itself if you allow it to. Dr. Oz suggests to :
#2 Abstain from all sugar and all alcohol for 3 days. This means no cookies or any alcohol at all to reduce inflammation in the liver.
#3 Drink 8 Glasses of lemon water each day – This will help to flush toxins out of the liver. The lemon juice also fights free radical damage and further reduces inflammation of the liver.
#4 Eat 3 Perfect Meals – How do you this? This is what Dr. Oz suggests :
- For breakfast eat a meal that contains both probiotics and antioxidants. A great combo would be to have a live culture yogurt with berries. This helps to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress, which are both two common signs of fatty liver disease.
- For lunch fill up on leafy greens and a lean protein. A chicken salad with dandelion greens would be a great choice. Dandelion greens are wonderful for the liver. Studies have shown that dandelion greens can help to stimulate bile flow and reduce elevated liver enzymes.
- For dinner eat a lean protein with vegetables. A roasted chicken with garlic roasted cauliflower would be a great idea.
Of course, after your liver reboot you don’t want to go back to eating fatty foods and excess alcohol consumption. Start eating a healthier diet and limit alcohol consumption to keep you and your liver healthy.
Eat more beets – The last recommendation on how to reboot your liver is to eat more beets! They are high in choline which helps to metabolize fat, assist muscle movement and even improve your sleep at night! Enjoy more beets by trying out Kristen Kirkpatrick’s beet recipe that she shared today!
Matcha – Also be sure to check out the follow up segment from today’s Dr. Oz show when he talks about the 5 Benefits of Matcha and Tea Matcha Recipes to help improve your health.
Are you a fan of Dr Oz but unable to view his show as often as you would like? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries.
Today’s Dr Oz Show was featured on June 22, 2017