Dr. Oz Talks About Low Carb Noodles and The Risks of Eyelash Tinting
Eyelash extensions have always been popular, but are they safe? Dr. Oz invited Elisabeth Leamy on to the show to talk about eyelash extensions and the risks involved. She investigated the safety of eyelash extensions and eyelash tinting and some of the data that she gathered was rather alarming.
Is Eyelash Tinting Services Illegal?
Elisabeth said that in the state of New York eyelash tinting services is illegal. Despite this, there are many salons in New York that are still offering these services. Elisabeth said that the FDA has not approved of eyelash tinting or coloring procedures so you are putting your eyesight at risk if you go to these salons that are offering these services. Dr. Stair doesn’t believe that you should risk blindness just to get your eyelashes colored.
The Risks of Eyelash Extension Procedures
Elisabeth Leamy said that the practice of applying synthetic eyelashes one by one carries a significant risk. She said that synthetic eyelashes are glued on one by one using tweezers. You run the risk of getting the glue in your eye when these procedures are performed. Elisbeth said that another danger involved is damaging your hair follicles in your eyelashes. If they become damaged it is possible that your eyelashes never grow back!Dr. Erin Stair said that eyelash extension procedures can lead to infections. The risk runs even higher if your aesthetician isn’t sanitizing their tools properly. Dr. Stair said that you are running the risk for infections every time you go to the salon to have extension procedures done.
Eyelash Extension Safety Tips
- Be sure to take out your contacts before being treated
- Avoid this procedure during allergy season.
- Ask for the ingredients in the glue that they use.
Low Carb Noodles : Enjoy Your Pasta Without The Carbs
Pasta lovers can enjoy some of their favorite meals without the guilt that they are consuming loads of carbs. Here are some low carb noodle tips that were shared on today’s February 20, 2014 Dr. Oz episode.
- Tofu Shirataki Noodles are high in fiber, low in calorie and don’t have any carbs. Swap shirataki noodles in for fettuccine noodles as a healthier option! How many calories and carbs will you save? Traditional Fettuccine Alfredo noodles have 670 calories and 36 grams of carbs. Shirataki Noodle Alfredo only has 520 calories and 4 grams of carbs!
- Try Kelp noodles. They are low carb and will go with your favorite pesto sauce. Traditional noodles are 385 calories and 42 carbs. Kelp noodles only contain 2 grams of carbs and 168 calories!
- Use zucchini slices instead of layers of pasta in your lasagna dishes. Regular lasagna pasta contains 580 calories and 53 carbohydrates. Zucchini noodles only contain 390 calories and 17 grams of carbs.
Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to view his show as often as you would like? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries.