Martha Stewart Anti-Aging & Beauty Secrets (Homemade Face Mask), Kale Dip, & Quesadilla Recipe
Dr. Oz interviewed Martha Stewart today and talked about her dating life, relationships, and her new book out that is called Living The Good Life , Her book talks about living the healthiest life after the age of 40 filled with tips from Martha along with medical doctors and specialists. During this segment of today’s show Martha Stewart shared some of her favorite beauty tips such as her homemade beauty mask, vitamin e serum, and her morning hot water with lemon beverage. She also shares her recipe on how to make a homemade face mask to keep your skin looking young and beautiful.. Of course, Martha Stewart also has some delicious and nutritious recipes to share such as her kale dip and mushroom & fontina quesadilla.
Martha Stewart Shares Her Beauty Secrets On Dr. Oz
Has Martha Stewart ever had plastic surgery? No! Her skin still looks great and here are a few of the beauty secrets that Martha shared with Dr. Oz on today’s show :
Drink A Got Glass Of Water with Lemon Each Morning – Martha Stewart squeezes the juice (of a half of a lemon) into a glass of warm water to start her day each day. It is refreshing, wakes you up and has many health benefits.
Vitamin E Serum – Martha buys a bottle of Vitamin E capsules and pokes a hole into one or two of them each night and rubs the oil on to dry areas on her hands and face.
Martha Stewart Homemade Mask Recipe
This is Martha’s all natural way to keep your skin looking young, fresh, and beautiful. All of the ingredients to this beauty tip can all be found at your grocery store!
Homemade Face Mask Ingredients :
- 1/4 cup of berries (mashed)
- 2 tbsp of plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
After you have mixed all of the ingredients above into a fine paste you simply spread on your face and leave for 10 minutes. Remove the facemask with a warm and damp cloth. Use this homemade facemask recipe as a natural way to exfoliate your skin and keep it feeling fresh, clean, and beautiful.
Martha Stewarts Longevity Recipes
Here are some of the recipes that Martha Stewart features in her book, “Living the Good Life” that will help to increase your longevity.
Kale Dip Recipe
- 3 cups of thinly sliced kale
- 1 cup of low fat cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- A dash of red pepper flakes
- Sugar snap or snow peas (for dipping)
Kale Dip Preparation Directions :
- Add the tbsp of olive oil to a frying pan and heat to medium
- Add the 3 cups of kale and garlic. Stir the kale until tender. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Cool and puree with cottage cheese in a food processor
- Add a pinch of red pepper flakes and add the 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Serve with blanched peas.
Martha Stewart’s Mushroom & Fontina Quesadilla Recipe
- 1/2 cup grated fontina cheese
- 1/2 lb mushrooms (whichever kind of mushrooms you prefer). Make sure the mushrooms are cut into thin slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Flour tortillas
Preparation directions :
- Add the 1 tbsp of olive oil to a pan and heat to medium-high.
- Saute mushrooms until browned (this should take approximately 8 minutes)
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add the mushrooms that you sauteed on half of a flour tortilla
- Add cheese on to the half of a flour tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla iin half
Cook the quesadilla in the pan (medium heat) until the cheese has melted. This should take about 3 minutes on each side.
Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to watch the show as often as you would prefer? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view show summaries and recaps of daily topics.