Dr. Oz Talks About Cholesterol Lowering Metamucil Muffins, Fiber Popsicles, and Metamucil Citrus Spritzer Recipe
During one of the closing segments on today’s show Dr. Oz talks about delicious diet recipes to help lower your cholesterol. Dr. Oz said that it is important to add foods that are high in soluble fiber. The foods that he mentions are barley, oatmeal, kidney beans, pinto beans, and apples. Listed below are the cholesterol lowering “Meta” Muffins, Fiber Popsicle, and Metamucil Fiber Popsicle recipes that were shared on today’s program.
Metamucil Muffins recipe
Metamucil is one of the best ways in which you can add soluble fiber to your diet naturally. Dr. Oz recommended that you should get 7 grams of soluble fiber from psyllium each day in your diet. Meta muffins are a delicious way to increase your fiber intake while enjoying a delicious treat at the same time.
Ingredients to make “Meta – Muffins”
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup of milk (choose skim milk)
- 1/2 cup of applesauce
- 2/3 cups of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 12 tsps of sugar free metamucil
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
Directions On How To Make Metamucil Muffins :
- Set your oven to 375 degrees and preheat
- In a bowl mix the milk, applesauce, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar
- In a different bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet mixture. Add the metamucil and mix thoroughly..
- Add the mixture to 12 muffin cups
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and enjoy you fiber filled muffins!
Metamucil Summer Citrus Spritzer Recipe
This refreshing beverage will be a delicious summer time recipe that will help you to consume more fiber in your diet :
- 1/3 cup of orange juice
- 1/3 cup of grapefruit juice
- 1/3 cup of club soda
- 1 tsp of sugar free original Metamucil
Homemade Metamucil Fiber Pop Recipe
Dr. Oz called this next recipe “Poopsicles”. Easy to make and a fun way to add fiber to your diet :
- 8 oz of water
- 1 tbsp of orange Metamucil
Simply mix the water and metamucil and water. Then add the mixture into two popsicle molds. Put them into the freezer until frozen and enjoy an orange flavored popsicle that is rich in soluble fiber.
Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to tune in to see his show regularly? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries.