Miracle Recipes To Help You Lose 20 Pounds in 2013
Today is all about the #13.. It is 1/3/2013 and Dr. Oz talked about 13 “Miracle” remedies to help you lose weight, improve your health, and look younger with hair treatment secrets from beauty experts. Dr. Oz talked about how Red Palm Oil will be the “miracle” food of 2013 and how you can cut your risk for Alzheimers, lower your cholesterol, and improve the health of your heart. During this segment Dr. Oz invited on popular guest Chris Powell to share his weight loss tips and “Miracle Recipes” to help you lose 20 pounds in 2013! Enjoy the Tofu Veggie Stir Fry and Turkey BLT recipes while losing weight all at the same time.
Foods That Fight Fat
Chris Powell (you may know him as the personal trainer from Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition). He has visited Dr. Oz many times to share his weight loss tips and ways you can achieve your health and fitness goals. When you eat protein your body uses up a lot of calories in just the digestion process alone. High protein foods that will help you burn fat are :
- Lean turkey
- Low fat cheese
- Greek yogurt
Chris Powell also suggested the following foods to boost your metabolism :
Foods That Diminish Hunger
- Black beans
- Sweet Potatoes
- Ezekiel Bread
- Brown Rice
- Low carbohydrate tortillas
Tofu Veggie Stir Fry Recipe by Chris Powell
- 1 cup of extra firm tofu (drain and dice the tofu)
- 3/4 cup of carrot chips
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons of ginger (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of veggie oil
Directions on how to make Chris Powell’s Tofu Stir Fry
- Mix up 1 tbsp of ginger, the soy sauce, half of the chopped garlic cloves, honey and vinegar.
- Marinade the vinegar while you proceed to do the following steps
- Heat one tbsp of vegetable oil in large pan. Cook carrots until they begin to soften. Remove carrots and add to a bowl.
- Cook the snow peas and add them to carrot bowl
- Cook onions until they are soft. Add them to the snow peas and carrots.
- Add the remaining vegetable oil into the pan. Cook the tofu while stirring occasionally. Continue to cook until the tofu starts to brown.
- Add the veggies back to the pan. Heat up all the ingredients
- Serve over brown rice and enjoy
Turkey BLT Recipe by Chris Powell
- 2 ounces of lean turkey breast
- 2 slices of tomato
- 2 leaves of green lettuce
- 2 slices of lightly toasted Ezekiel bread
- 2 slices turkey bacon (cooked)
That’s all there is too it.. Layer your Turkey BLT as you see fit and enjoy.