Dr. Oz Talks With Mark Hyman About “Diabesity” and How To Rid Yourself of Diabetes & Obesity
Dr. invited Dr. Mark Hyman on to the show today (March 5, 2013) to talk about one of the fastest growing epidemics in this country. Mark Hyman shares tips and solutions to rid yourself from Diabetes and Obesity. He said that “Diabesity” (combination of diabetes and obesity) is a huge problem but there are simple solutions that can prevent diabetes or even reverse the disease! Also be sure to check out Mark Hyman’s Sweet Potato Burger and Unfried Chicken Recipes to lower your blood sugar and blood pressure.
Reverse Diabesity and Lose 20 LBS in 6 Weeks!
Does it sound too good to be true? Mark Hyman’s book (The Blood Sugar Solution) explains in detail how you can balance your blood sugar and lose weight by making simple changes to your lifestyle. He said that “Diabesity” is mostly due to over consumption of sugar. Mark Hyman told Dr. Oz that the average human in this country consumes 20-30 teaspoons of sugar every day! He also said that you can have “Diabesity” without being overweight.
Are you at risk for Diabesity? Here is the quiz that they gave on today’s March 5, 2013 show. If you answer yes to one or more of these questions you are at risk for diabesity.
- Do you have excess belly fat?
- Do you crave refined carbohydrates and sugar?
- Do you have high blood sugar?
- Are you an inactive? You can be considered inactive if you exercise less than 30 minutes per day 4 days a week.
Mark Hyman’s Plan To Reverse Diabesity
Accordy to Mark Hyman it doesn’t take a doctors visit to reverse diabetes. He said that the food that you consume is all that you need to modify. Here is the plan that Dr. Hyman shared with Dr. Oz on today’s show.
- Don’t eat foods that havee MSG (Mono Sodium Glutamate). MSG is found in many foods so you will have to read the labels. Some foods that were mentioned were deli meats, salad dressing, and crackers. Mono Sodium glutamate may also be disguised under different terms like gelatin, yeast extract, and hydrolyzed protein.
- Throw away Frankenfoods. Dr Hyman expained to Dr. Oz that if you can’t pronounce the ingredients on the labels it probably shouldn’t be consumed. He said to look for foods that contain less than 5 ingredients on the labels.
- No dairy – There are 50 different hormones in milk that can put you at risk for diabesity by raisin your insulin.
Are you unable to tune in to see Dr. Oz on a regular basis? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view show recaps and summaries to view at your own leisure while your checking in to FB.