The one and only Oprah Winfrey was the special guest on today’s Dr. Oz show. She sat down with Dr. Oz to give an interview about how 2017 is a new year and it’s a new Oprah. She went on to talk about how she never gave up on losing weight and how she has finally felt 100% comfortable with her weight. She also has a new cookbook out that features 115 health recipes. Also featured on today’s episode was Oprah’s Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (that are healthy!) along with her asparagus pasta recipe. Nutricous, yet delicious.
Oprah’s Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Today’s Oprah Interview with Dr. Oz was originally aired on 01/04/2017
Ingredients needed :
- Rolled Oats – 1 1/2 Cups
- 2 small peeled, cored and chopped Gala apples.
- 4 mashed bananas (medium sized.. and ripe)
- 1/3 cups of apple juice.
- 1 1/4 cups of chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cups of minced dried apples
- 1/2 cups of raisins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground ginger.
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- 1/2 teaspoons of ground cloves.
- 1/2 teaspoons of ground mace
- 1/2 teaspoons of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
Notice how all the ingredients are natural and don’t contain any extra white sugar. The only sugar in Oprah’s Oatmeal breakfast cookies are the natural sugars found in the fruits. Here are the easy to follow directions that are featured on the official Dr. Oz website.
Oprah’s Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies Directions :
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking or cookie sheet with parchment paper or a baking silicone mat. Spread the rolled oats evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until they are lightly colored and fragrant. Remove from the oven, transfer to a plate, and let cool.
2. While the rolled oats are cooling down on the plate you set aside, coat a nonstick sauté pan with cooking spray. Heat the pan over medium-high heat, add the chopped apples, and cook for three minutes (be sure that the apples are tender). Scrape the cooked apples into a bowl and allow to cool. Add the apple juice, and bananas to the cooked apples and mix with a wooden spoon.
3. In another bowl, mix the toasted oats, walnuts, dried apples, raisins, oat flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, mace, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Add in the wet ingredients and mix it all together. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
4. Portion the cookie dough into 12 scoops and then press into 1/2 inch cookie shaped pieces.
5. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove the oatmeal cookies and allow to cool.
6. Enjoy Oprah’s “No Guilt” Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies!
Oprah also shared an Asparagus Pasta Recipe that may be a delicious treat. I love asparagus and I love pasta, so an Asparagus Pasta recipe sounds delish! Not to mention, that all of the ingredients that Oprah uses are very health conscious.
Are you a fan of Dr Oz but unable to view his show as often as you would like? Be sure to Like “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook and you never have to miss out on the daily topics discussed on the show.