Dr. Susan Blum Talks About How Oregano Oil, Milk Thistle, & Avocados Boost Your Immune System & Strengthen Adrenal Function
Today’s July 15 show, Dr. Oz show was all about your immunity and how to strengthen your immune system naturally., as well as a segment about crystal sonic sound therapy to ease stress. Dr. Blum shared a simple yet effective plan to build your body’s natural defenses. Dr. Blum has a plan that will not only strengthen your immune system but a plan that can treat and reverse the symptoms of autoimmune diseases. Here are the tips that Dr. Susan Blum gave on today’s Dr. Oz
4 Step Plan To Boost Your Immune System
Step #1 – 70 percent of your immune system lies in your stomach. Dr. Blum said that Oregano Oil helps to cleanse your gut by getting rid of unhealthy bacteria to improve a better environment for your immune system by getting rid of the “unhealthy weeds” that have built up in your system.
Dr. blum also said that you can boost your immune system and improve the health of your liver by eating cruciferous veggies like cauliflower, brussel sprouts, and broccoli.
What kind of Oregano Oil supplement should you look for?
- Take 200 milligrams of oregano oil 3 times per day
- Read the supplement bottle and look for “emulsified oil” for better digestion
- Find a supplement that comes in a capsule or as a liquid tincture
- Oregano can be found in health food stores and is approximately 15 dollars per bottle
Milk Thistle Extract Improves Liver Function
A healthy liver helps to improve your immune system because it filters and flushes toxins from your body. You can improve your liver function by :
- Eating more cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, kale, and broccoli.Take Milk Thistle Extrace – Choose a milk thistle supplement that is 100-400 mg in either a liquid or capsule form. You can find milk thistle in health food stores for about ten to fifteen dollars. Milk Thistle extract helps you to rebuild liver cells to improve function so your liver can detoxify your body easier and thus improve your immune system.
Avocados Improve Adrenal Function
Dr. Susan Blum explained to Dr. Oz and the audience that adrenal glands play a crucial role in helping to keep your immune system strong. Adrenal glands produce the “stress hormone” cortisol. When your adrenal glands are stressed they produce too much cortisol. This can cause adrenal fatigue and too much cortisol in your body is bad for your immune system. Fortunately there are foods that you can eat to support the health of your adrenal glands. Dr. Blum suggested :
- Eat Avocados – Delicious and nutritious avocados are high in healthy fats and protein. Avocados are an excellent food that will support your adrenal glands. Dr. Blum recommended adding a 1/4 to 1/2 of an avocado to your diet every day. This will help to improve the health of your adrenal glands which will help to strengthen your immune system.
Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries.