We have all heard of the Vegan Diet lifestyle as well as the Paleo Diet.. There is a new trending diet that is really making waves with those who are wanting to incorporate healthy eating with the added benefits of weight loss, but with foods that they enjoy. Today’s Dr. Oz Pegan 365 Diet talks about the health benefits you will receive, the weight loss that you can expect to lose and recipes that you will undoubtedly enjoy.. Here is a breakdown of what you may have missed in case you didn’t tune in to today’s Dr. Oz.
Pegan 365 Diet Recipes, Rules (Breakfast – Dinner) and Foods To Eat
So, what are the rules on the Pegan 365 Diet? Every day you should strive to eat :
- 5 Cups of vegetables – Stay away from the starchy corns, potatoes, etc.. Stick with greens like asparagus, kale, broccoli, spinach, etc..
- Limit your consumption to 4 carb foods a day. You can choose from starchy vegetables (sweet potatoes, squash, and corn are two ideas that were recommended on Dr. Oz). Serving sizes for grains would be 1 piece of bread, 1/2 cup of grains, or 1/2 cup of oats.
- Eat 3 proteins each day – Two of your proteins should come from Vegan sources such as a cup of beans, tofu, or tempeh. The 3rd protein should come from a Paleo Diet source. These foods to eat could consist of foods like eggs, or lean meats (chicken, fish, or meat).
- Eat 2 sources of healthy fats – 1/4 Avocado, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, one ounce of nuts, or 1 tablespoon of nut butter would be good choices for the Pegan 365.
- Chose 1 Vegan dairy substitute – Have a non-dairy yogurt, nut milk, or nut cheese.
Pegan 365 Diet Rules
- Limit your alcohol consumption to 2 drinks a week
- You can have dessert twice a week, but no more than that.
- Exercise for 30 minutes a day, at least 3 times per week.
- You can have 1 cheat day each week.. Make it count but don’t go crazy 🙂
Pegan 365 Diet Recipes
Pegan 365 Spinach and Banana Smoothie (Great Breakfast Option)
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- 2 cups spinach
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Pegan 365 Homemade Nut Milk Recipe
- 1 cup nuts, soaked overnight
- 4 cups water
1. Mix the Nut Milk ingredients shown above in a blender until in liquid form.
2. Using a cheesecloth or nut milk bag, strain the liquid into a glass jar.
3. Cool in the fridge
4. Serve and enjoy this homemade Pegan 365 delicious Nut Milk Recipe!
Pegan 365 Diet Sesame Tempeh Cauliflower Rice Recipe
Recipe instructions :
- (Fresh or frozen) 2 cups of cauliflower
- Tempeh (1/2 cup cubed)
- 1 small chopped head of broccoli
- 2 tablespoons of tamari (or shoyu) – Be sure to check to make sure that it is gluten free if this is an issue with you.
- Sesame seeds as a garnish topping
- Perfect for lunch or dinner.
Preparation directions :
- Sautee the broccoli in a nonstick or cast iron pan. Spray the pan with cooking spray or spread some olive oil. Saute over medium heat until the broccoli is browned.
- Add the sauteed broccoli to a bowl and set aside.
- Add in the tempeh and tamari /shoyu into the pan and sautee until browned and then add to the bowl with the broccoli that you set aside.
- Cook cauliflower in the pan for five to seven mins, until slightly browned.
- Add back the broccoli and tempeh back into the pan with the cauliflower, mix and reheat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy this delicious Pegan 365 recipe shared on Dr. Oz!
Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to view his show as often as you would like? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries.