Dr. Oz Talks With Dr. Sanjay Gupta About Meditation & Resting Your Brain – Dr. Gupta’s Super Smoothie Recipe
Dr. Sanjay Gupta has appeared on Dr. Oz multiple times due to his vast public popularity and unique approaches to natural health and healing. During today’s (November 8) episode Dr. Oz and Dr. Gupta talked about how we are overstimulating our brains, which can be detrimental to the long term health of our brains. Dr. Oz said that in today’s high tech world our brains aren’t’ getting sufficient amounts of time to rest.
Dr. Sanjay Gupta Meditation Methods To Rest An Over Stimulated
Dr. Gupta is a big believer in the health and healing benefits of meditation. He said that meditation is one of the best ways to rest an overstimulated brain.
Meditation Tip : Spend 15 minutes focusing on one word. Dr. Gupta gave the example of the word “gentle”. He says that when he does this he feels calm and ready to take on the rest of the day.
Relaxation tips :
- Avoid logging in to your email for the first hour of the day
- Do not check your email during the last hour of the day
- Realize that you do not need to know everything that is happening at the moment it is happening
- Set priorities, time, and boundaries for yourself
Here are the ways in which you can avoid your brain getting overstimulated.
- Focus deeply on one topic
- Avoid excessive multitasking because the brain can only take in a few things at a time. Excessive multitasking works too many parts of the brain and it becomes overstimulated. Dr. Sanjay Gupta said that multitasking can be counterproductive because you will have trouble remembering what you did.
Symptoms That Your Brain May Be Over-Stimulated
- Chronic fatigue
- You multi-task one day and can’t remember what you did the next day
- You often become overwhelmed
Dr. Oz said that most (two thirds) of women don’t get enough “downtime” to rest their brains. This increases stress and isn’t healthy for your brain.
Sanjay Gupta’s Super Smoothie Recipe
Super Smoothie Ingredients :
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- Squeeze of honey
Mix all of the ingredients that are listed above in a blender and enjoy!
Are yo a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to view his show as often as you would like? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries.