Homemade Remedies For Sinus Congestion, Sunburns, and Bad Breath
Dr. Oz asked medical doctors to share their favorite homemade remedies for common ailments like sinus congestion, sunburns, and bad breath. All of the remedies are all natural and can be performed in the comfort of your own home. They share a “Doctored” soup, a Shower Soother Bar (for sinus congestion), and a yogurt recipe for sunburns! If you love homemade remedies to treat common ailments that affect all of us, this segment was for you. Here are the remedies that were featured on today’s Dr. Oz show.
Shower Soother Bar For Sinus Congestion
Sinus congestion affects just about everybody at some point during the cold and flu season. Here are the ingredients to make a “shower soother bar” to take into the shower with you to remedy your sinus problems you may be having.
- A cupcake tin
- Baking soda
- Eucalyptus oil
- Lavender oil (this ingredient is optional)
Preparation directions to make a “Shower Soother Bar”
- Add baking soda to bowl. Add water and 15 drops of eucalyptus oil. You can also add 5 drops of lavender oil to the mixture if you would like. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into cupcake tin in a cupcake pan
- Set oven temperature to 320 degrees and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Let sit overnight (a solid bar will form in the cupcake pan.
- During your bath add the bar to the water. The ingredients in the bar will release sinus congestion soothing vapors.
Doctored Chicken Soup
Chicken soup for a cold is not just an old wives tale. Dr. Christopher Kelly explained to Dr. Oz and the audience that chicken soup thins mucous so it can leave the body quicker. This will shorten the lifespan of a nasty cold. Dr. Kelly’s Chicken Soup recipe also contains bacteria fighting ingredients. Here is the recipe that was shared on today’s Oct. 30th show :
- Oregano – Bacteria fighting herb
- Dark meat chicken – Dark meat contains more zinc and is a better option than white meat if you are suffering from a cold.
- Squeeze of lemon – Provides vitamin C
Yogurt Remedy For Sunburns
Simply spreading yogur onto your skin will help to soothe a painful sunburn. To avoid making a mess you can spread the yogurt on to some cheesecloth and make a “sunburn wrap”.
Parsley Remedy For Bad Breath
Dr. Mathew Williams said that this time tested remedy really does work. Parsley contains bacteria fighting properties which help to kill the bacteria in your mouth that is causing the bad breath!
Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to view his show as often as you would like? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries.