Dr. Oz : Shred Diet Recipes – Shredder Chicken Noodle Soup, English Mufin Pizza, and Bueberry Pear Smoothie Recipe
On today’s June 24, 2013 show Dr. Oz talked about the “Shred Diet Plan” to help you lose 4 inches and 2 sizes in only 6 weeks! Dr. Oz spoke with Dr. Ian Smith (author of the book Shred! The Revolutionary Diet) about the concepts and strategies discussed in the book. The book goes into descriptive detail about the stages of the 6 week diet plan. During this segment Dr. Oz & Dr. Smith shared a few delicious recipes that were taken out of the book.
Shredder Blueberry Pear Smoothie
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 cup of low fat yogurt (plain)
- 1 1/2 whole red pears
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 6 ice cubes
Preparation directions :
- Slice the pears into quarters. Remove the seeds and stems. To not peel off the skin (lots of nutrients are in the skin)
- Add all of the ingredients listed above and blend into a smoothie.
Shredder Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups of diced cooked chicken meat.
- 1 1/2 cups of egg noodles (choose the wide cut)
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions1/2 cups of chopped celery
- 3/4 cups of sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- salt & pepper to taste
Preparation directions :
- In a pan bring water to boil
- Add egg noodles and boil until the egg noodles are tender. This should take 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drain egg noodles and set aside.
- Melt butter in the same pot that you boiled the noodles in. Add onions and celery and cook until they are tender.
- Add the broth (both chicken and vegetable), chicken, carrots, water, poutlry, seasoning, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- 1 whole wheat english muffin
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp low fat cheese
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
Spread the tomato sauce on to the whole wheat muffin, add some low fat cheese and broil.. Enjoy your english muffin pizza!
Fat Burning Spices
Near the end of the June 24, 2013 episode Dr. Oz invited some viewers from the audience for a game show that he dubbed “The Spice Is Right” as an educational and fun way to learn about fat burning spices and spices that will help you to curb food cravings. Here are the spices that can help you to lose weight :
Cinnamon reduces sugar cravings – Cinnamon has an insulin-like effect and can reduce your bad cholesterol. Dr. Oz said to receive benefits you should eat about 1 tsp every day.
Fennel boosts digestion and shreds fat – Fennel is a natural diuretic and helps to remove toxins. Consume 1 teaspoon after each meal to aid your digestion.
Boost your metabolism with Cumin – Cumin is a natural metabolism booster. It helps by heating up the body and improving the liver’s ability to detoxify. Dr. Oz said to consume 1 teaspoon of cumin two to three times per week to speed up your metabolism.
Are you unable to watch Dr. Oz as frequently as you would like? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show summaries and recaps.