Dr. Oz Spinach Artichoke Chicken and Mexican Beef Recipes
Dr. Oz brought back one of his most popular guests, Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien to talk about the two ingredients that all kitchens should have and 5 Grab and Go Ingredient Essentials. During this segment Lisa Lillien shares her Spinach Artichoke Chicken and Mexican Beef recipes. All you need is two kitchen essential items. Aluminum foil and a crock pot for the recipes listed below!
Hungry Girl’s Spinach Artichoke Chicken Recipe
- 2 Cups of chopped spinach leaves
- 2 Wedges of light swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon of light mayo
- 1 tablespoon of reduced fat parmesian
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 Artichoke hearts
- Two 5 ounce skinless chicken breasts
- 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of onion (sliced)
- OPTIONAL : Pinch of cayenne
Directions To Prepare :
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- line baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Spray skilled with nonstick cooking spray
- Cook spinach until three minutes (this should take about three minutes)
- Remove spinach and remove excess moisture
- Microwave cheese wedges for 20 seconds in a bowl (microwave safe)
- Add reduced fat mayo and mix.
- Add Parmasian grating
- Add garlic powder
- Add pinch of cayenne (optional)
- Add cooked spinach and artichoke hearts
Ok, after all of that season your two chicken breasts with salt and pepper and set on baking sheet. Apply the mixture you just created above on to the chicken breasts.
Cover with another large piece of heavy duty tin foil. Fold the foil together and seal the edges. Bake for 25 minutes (or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
SAFETY TIP : Be careful when opening the foil pack. It will be hot and steam will be release. Let cool before opening.
Traditional Spinach Artichoke Chicken Dip = 480 Calories
Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien’s Spinach Artichoke Chicken = 265 Calories
Slow Cooking Mexican Beef In A Crock Pot Recipe
Lisa’s second essential utensil to have in a kitchen is a crock pot. Hungry Girl said that Crock Pots are back in style and here is her Slow Cooking Mexican Beef recipe that she shared on today’s show.
Slow Cooking Mexican Beef Ingredients :
- 1 Cup of canned tomatoes (crushed)
- 1/2 Cup of roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup of canned diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds of sirloin beef
As Lisa put it “Sit it and forget it”, your done! Add all the ingredients to the crock pot. 3-4 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low. Enjoy your slow cooking Mexican Beef in a crock pot recipe!
Traditional Mexican Beef Dinner : 569 Calories
Hungry Girl Slow Cooking Mexican Beef Recipe : 170 Calories