Dr. Oz Talks About Toxic Love and Sabotagers To Your Health
Today Dr. Oz invited on guests who experience “toxic” love or sabotagers in their life. Sabotagers may not mean harm to their loved ones but they are either enabling or encouraging their friends and loved ones to make unhealthy dietary choices that are putting their health at risk.. During this segment on today’s show Dr. Oz talks about how to spot a toxic sabotager and the three steps that you should take to regain your health.
How To Spot A Toxic Sabotager
- Advice is negative
- People who encourage bad behavior (people that put the unhealthy foods that you shouldn’t eat…like candy…… right in front of you)
- People who distract you from your goals. If you are trying to lose weight or exercise for your health, they may bring you sweets that you know you shouldn’t be eating.
Steps To Stop A Toxic Sabotager
- Be specific about support – Let it be known what kinds of foods and ingredients that you can’t have in your diet.
- Set and stick to specific boundaries – Let it be known what your specific needs are…
- Always have the last word about your health – If there is a toxic sabotager in your life you have to make the ultimate decision that they aren’t going to sabotage your health any longer. It’s up to you to take control of your life even if toxic sabotagers are making it difficult for you to make healthy decisions in your diet and lifestyle.
Dr. Oz asked the guests on stage if they were willing to take back the control in their lives. At the end of the day you have make conscious decisions to make healthy decisions. Dr. Oz said that you don’t have to “cut the cord” to the relationships that are causing you to make unhealthy decisions concerning your health. Following the steps to stop a toxic sabotager is a great way to start.
Dr. Brenda Wade said that it is important to reprogram your brain.. Repetition become habit, and habit becomes lifestyle.
Do you have a “Toxic Sabotager” in your life? How do you try to improve your health and to avoid an unhealthy lifestyle when there are those who keep bringing temptations in front of you? Let us know if you have any tips that you would like to share?
Guests appearing on the Dr. Oz July 2, 2013 episode : Dr. Brenda Wade
Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to watch his daily program? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries.