Dr. Oz Talks About How To Stop Hiccups and Foods To Eat To Prevent Diverticulitis
Today Dr. Oz invited Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb on to the show to talk about common mistakes that women make when it comes to their health. During this segment of the show Dr. Oz demonstrated the science behind why people get the hiccups and remedies that really work. He also talks about Diverticulitis and the foods that you eat to reduce your risk of getting this painful condition.
Does Drinking Too Much Cause The Hiccups?
Most of us have had to endure a bout of the hiccups from time to time. It can become embarrassing when you can’t get rid of the hiccups in social situations. Dr. Oz shared some of the common culprits that cause the hiccups.
- Overeating is a common cause because it bloats up your belly which can lead to hiccups
- Drinking too much carbonated drinks
- Drinking wine
Remedies To Get Rid Of The Hiccups
Hiccups that won’t go away can become very frustrating to say the lease. Here are some ways that Dr. Oz said can stop your hiccups quickly and painlessly.
- Breathing into a paper bag – This time tested remedy really works because it builds up carbon dioxide in your lungs and helps to stop your hiccuping.
- Biting into a slice of lemon – Brain confusion! The sour taste of the lemon sends more important signals to the brain and it will stop the hiccups
- Spoonful of sugar – This works in the same way as what biting into a lemon will do. The sweet taste will confuse the signals in brain that are causing the hiccups.
Foods To Prevent Diverticulitis
Diverticulitis is a painful condition that affects the colon. It happens when pouches form in the wall of the colon. Inflammation occurs and becomes infected. Diverticulitis usually happens when people are eating a low fiber diet. Here are the foods that Dr. Oz suggested to help prevent Diverticulitis.
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sweet potatoes
Dr. Oz said that these foods help prevent Diverticulitis because they are high in fiber. Eating high fiber foods will keep your colon happy and lower the risk of Diverticulitis from happening to you.Foods You Should Not Eat In Order To Avoid DiverticulitisFoods that do not contain fiber can worsen diverticulitis. Foods that Dr. Oz mentioned were :
- White pasta
Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to view the show as often as you would like? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and remedies.