Valerie Bertinelli’s Anise Twists, Chicken Sambal Recipes on Dr Oz
Valerie Bertinelli has a new cookbook out and she came on to Dr. Oz to perform an interview, talk about her new book “One Dish At A Time” and what has inspired her in her life, and how she keeps the weight off and continues to look so fabulous. She also shares her favorite homemade meals such as her Ribollissa Soup, Anise Twist Cookies, and Chicken Sambal Recipe.
Valerie Bertinelli’s Anise Twists Cookies Recipe
Ok, with the Holiday’s coming up it’s always nice to have a new cookie recipe and her “Anise Twists” cookies looked absolutely delicious. All the recipes that she shared today can be found in her brand new cookbook out called “One Dish At A Time”
- 2 Cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of soft unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of anise extract
How To Prepare Valerie Bertinelli’s Anise Twists Recipe
- Mix the sugar, butter together
- Blend in the egg, anise extract, and baking powder
- Add flower and mix until blended evenly
- Roll the dough into a log type shape and place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Take off a piece of dough and roll the cookie into a long and thin shape so you can form it into a pretzel shape
- Base the cookies at 375 degrees for 13 minutes
Valerie told Dr. Oz that she likes to dunk her cookies into coffee. Very interesting.. Never heard of dunking cookies in coffee before, although that does sound like a fun way to start out the morning!
Chicken Sambal Recipe by Valerie Bertinelli
Another recipe from Valerie’s new book “One Dish At A Time” is one of her favorites that she learned from her ex hubbie’s mother. This recipe seems to be a little more healthy than her cookies!
Eddie’s Favorite Chicken Sambal Ingredients :
- one and a half pounds of boneless (and skinless) chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 4 cloves of garlic – Cut into thin slices
- 2 Onions – Cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoons of galangal or grated ginger
- 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups of cooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro leaves
How To Prepare Valerie Bertinelli’s Chicken Sambal Recipe
- Salt and pepper the chicken thighs
- Over medium – high heat, warm 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Add the chicken thighs and cook (approximately 6 minutes on each side) Remove chicken, but don’t be alarmed if the chicken isn’t quite fully cooked yet.
- Add the other 1 Tablespoon of peanut oil to the pan
- Cook the onions, garlic, tomato, galangal, and sambal oelek for about two minutes.
- Mix lemon juice, brown sugar, low sodium soy sauce, fish sauce, and 1/4 cups of water
- Add the mixture and stir
- Add the chicken thighs back to the pan and cover. Turn heat to simmer. Cook for another 4 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked all the way through)
- Serve over rice
- Garnish with your chopped cilantro
Serve and enjoy Valerie Bertinelli’s “Eddie’s Favorite Chicken Sambal” Recipe