Gwyneth Paltrow Recipes On Dr. Oz – Vegan Vegetable Dumplings
Gwyneth Paltrow appeared on Dr. Oz to talk about the extreme diet and lifestyle change that she underwent after health scares with anemia, vitamin B deficiency, and a severe migraine headache that she thought was a stroke. Her doctor advised her to go on an elimination diet to regain her health and Gwyneth jumped on board and hasn’t looked back since. During this segment she shared one of her favorite comfort foods, Vegan Veggie Dumplings with Dr. Oz.
Vegan Veggie Dumplings by Gwyneth Paltrow On The Dr. Oz Program
After Gwyneth Paltrow totally changed her diet for the better, she still had to come up with food that her kids love as well. She told Dr. Oz that she loves to cook for her children and this dumplings dish is a recipe that they adore. She said her kids love foods that they can dip into a sauce and these vegan veggie dumplings has turned out to be a huge hit with her family.
- 1 1/2 cups of savoy or green cabbage (chopped)
- 1 /2 small chopped yellow or red onions
- 1/2 cup of firm tofu (crumbled)
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1/2 tsp of toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of a neutral oil (suggestions would be canola, safflower, or grape seed)
- Sea salt
- 30 square dumpling wrappers (look for these near the tofu in your grocery store)
- Dipping sauce
Preparation directions :
- Add cabbage, garlic, and onion into a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped
- Add oil to non stick pan and set heat on medium-high
- Add cabbage mixture that you just pulsed
- Add a pinch of sea salt
- Cook the ingredients that you have added so far until the vegetables begin to brown in the pan. This should take approximately five to six minutes.
- Add tofu, quinoa, and peas and cook additional 2 to 3 minutes. Removed from heat
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil & mix
- Mash and flatten the mixture that you have just cooked. Allow the filling to cool
- Spread out some dumpling wrappers and add 1 tbsp of filling into each wrapper.
- Moisten your finger with water and moisten the edges of the dumplings.
- Form the dumplings into the shape of little pyramids & seal the edges
- Steam the dumplings in a bamboo steamer and simmer for 4 minutes. (If you don’t have a bamboo steamer you can heating up some neutral oil on high heat and cook the dumplings for 2 minutes)
- Add 1/2 water to the skillet and cover. The skillet will be hot so be careful of the steam this will produce. Put on a lid and let the dumplings steam. This should take about 2 minutes (the dumpling wrappers should be soft)
- Remove the dumplings from the pan
Ingredients For Veggie Dumplings
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (fresh squeezed is the best option)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
Unable to watch Dr. Oz everyday? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries.