Dr Oz Top Health Secrets : Talks About Vegetable Powder Buying Guidelines & A One Minute Soup Recipe
Today Dr. Oz spent the first half of the show speaking with Sofia Vergara about hypothyroidism and a self test that you can take at home. During this segment Dr. Oz shares the 3 best kept health secrets that will boost your energy and help you to get the nutrients that you need all throughout the day.
Vegetable Powder – It’s hard to get all the vegetables that are recommended every day. In fact, most people don’t consume nearly enough of the vital nutrients that they need each day for optimal health. What if you could combine 31 different veggies into on tablespoon? Vegetable powder makes this possible! Dr. Oz said that if you aren’t getting all the nutrients that you need in a day vegetable powder could be a solution for you. You can find vegetable powder online between 20 and 30 dollars for a one month supply. Here are are the suggestions that Dr. Oz gave on the show concerning veggie powder :
- Take vegetable powder supplement in the morning. This will help you to boost your iron levels and give you the energy that you need to keep you running on all cylinders.
- Try adding the vegetable powder supplement (1 tablespoon) to an 8 ounce glass of orange juice. The orange juice will help you to absorb the iron better.
One Minute Vegetable Powder Soup Recipe
Here is a great energy boosting recipe that will help you get the nutrients from veggies in a recipe that only takes one minute to cook! Here are the ingredients and EASY to follow cooking directions :
- 1 tbsp vegetable powder
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 ounces of Soba noodles or a package of Shirataki noodles
- 3 oz cooked chicken
Mix all of the ingredients noted above and cook in the microwave for 1 minute. It’s as simple as that!Potassium Helps You To Sleep At NightDr. Oz noted that vegetable powder contains potassium and potassium can help you sleep better. Dr. Oz said to add some vegetable powder to your dinner by mixing it in your food. Mixing it in your favorite sauce is one example that he gave for adding the powder to your evening meal.Vegetable Powder Buying GuidelinesNot sure of which veggie powder to buy? Dr. Oz suggested following these buying guidelines so you can be assured that you are getting a high quality supplement :
- Read the label and look for “low temperature drying process”
- No additives
- Contains all vegetable ingredients
- You can recognize all of the ingredients listed on the label
- A one month supply should cost around $29
- You can purchase vegetable powder online or at most health food stores
Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook for daily show summaries and recaps sent to your FB news feed so you won’t miss out an any info discussed on the program.