Foods That You Should Eat on Dr. Oz 10 Day Detox Meal Plan
Now that you know the foods that you should not be eating on the Dr. Oz 10 Day Detox Plan, this segment talks about the foods that you can eat during the course of this plan to lose weight, improve your health, and look better.
Foods You Can It As Much As You Want
“Eating As Much As You Want” is music to the ears of any dieter. The foods listed below can be eaten in unlimited amounts. Here is the list that was given on today’s (February 24, 2014) episode :
Unlimited Vegetables (Non Starch) That Are Allowed :
- Arugula, mushrooms, artichokes, swiss chard, dandelion greens, asparagus, tomatoes, mustard greens, bell peppers, bean sprouts, eggplant, onions, turnip greens, beet greens, parsley, watercress, endive, cauliflower, hearts, jalapeno peppers, ginger root, snap beans, collard greens, green beans, cabbage, snow peas, fennel radishes, celery, broccoli, radiccio, chives, garlic,, and Brussels sprouts.
These Foods You Can Cook and Season With While on The 10 Day Detox Meal Plan
- Coconut oil, nut buters, olive oil, nuts, hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seed, pumpkin and sesame seeds, coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, veggie broth (choose a low sodium broth), dijon mustard, unsweetened almond milk, balsamic vinegar, cayenne, turmeric, sea salt, black pepper, rosemary, thyme, chili powder, cumin, sage, oregano, onion powder, coriander, cinnamon, cilantro, paprika, parsley.
Whole Foods You Can Eat :
- Chicken, tofu, shrimp, fish, eggs
Fiber Powder Before Each Meal
Dr. Hyman talked about a fiber powder that you should eat before every meal during the course of your detox plan. The powder hat he referred to is called WellBetX PGX Plus Mulberry powder. It contains Japanese Konjac Root powder. You should choose a product that has PGX on the label. You can get the fiber in powder or capsule form. The dosage should be 2.5 to 5 grams before each meal.
The Konjac Root Fiber will slow down how quick sugar is absorbed into your system. This helps to greatly reduce hunger cravings and keeps your body from storing sugar as fat. The fiber that is in WellBetX PGX Plus Mulberry will help to keep you feeling satiated.Breakfast Shake RecipeHere is the breakfast smoothie / shake recipe that Dr. Hyman shared on today’s 2-24-2014 Dr. Oz :
Ingredients that you will need :
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup of frozen cranberries
- 1/4 lemon (with the rind included)
- 1 tablespoon of Pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- 2 walnuts
- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut butter
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (choose unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup of water
Preparation directions :
- Mix all of the ingredients for the shake listed above in a blender or food processor and mix. Drink your smoothie immediately.
Supplements To be Included On The 10 Day Detox Diet
You should take a multivitamin while on the 10 day detox diet. You should also take some chromium. Dr. Hyman (author of the 10 day detox diet) explained to Dr. Oz and the audience that the chromium helps to regulate your insulin and keep your blood sugar balanced. This helps reduce food cravings and improve your overall health. Dr. Hyman said that keeping your blood sugar where it should be is the key to this diet. If you keep your blood sugar balanced your body will lose weight and your health will drastically improve.Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to view his show as often as you would like? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries.