Reduce Belly Fat With Wet Foods : Wet Taco, Water, and Turkey Burger Recipes on Dr. Oz
Today’s Dr. Oz show was all about ways in which you can blast away your belly fat and melt away the inches around your midsection. During the opening segment Dr. Oz talks about chemical free diet supplement that will reduce cravings as well as remedies to burn fat.
What Are Wet Foods and How Can They Help You Lose Weight
Dr. Oz talks to woman all around the world and one of their biggest complaints that he hears about over and over again is their problem with bloating. Dr. Oz spoke with dietician, Ashley Koff suggested that men and women who suffer from bloating should consume more wet foods. So what are wet foods? Ashley explained that wet foods have two common characteristics. They are high in fiber and high in water content. Wet foods should consist of at least 70 percent water and at least 5 grams of fiber.
Wet Water Recipe
- 16 Oz water
- 1/2 thinly sliced lime
- 1/3 cup of cubed watermelon
- 4 to 5 mint leaves
- 1/4 blueberries (choose organic if possible)
Preparation directions :
Add the 16 oz of water to a mason jar (the jar should be able to hold 20z or more). Add the remaining ingredients noted above and enjoy your beverage!
Wet and Wild Tacos Recipe
When you are eating foods that are high in fiber you have to remember to drink a lot of water to reduce bloating. Here is the “Wet n Wild” taco recipe that she shared on Dr. Oz
- 1 1/2 cups of rinsed pinto beans
- 1/2 cup of diced green peppers
- 1/4 cup of shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup of salsa
- 1/4 cup of tomato (chopped into pieces)
- 2 tbsps guacamole
- 1 tsp taco spice blend
- 4 leaves of romaine lettuce
Preparation directions :
- Rinse the lettuce leave and set aside
- Gently toss the green pepper pieces, pinto beans, tomato, and spice blend
- Lay the lettuce leaves in a bowl and add the pinto bean mixture to the top of the lettuce leaves.
- Top with cabbage, guacamole, and salsa
Wrap the mixture with the lettuce leaves
Belly Blaster Snack Ideas
Instead of snacking on foods that you know that aren’t good for you (like potato chips!) Ashley Koff made these suggestions to Dr. Oz
- Celery slices
- Jicama slices
Cashews (limit your serving size to approximately 15 cashews)
Wet Turkey Burger Recipe
- 1 lb of crumbled ground turkey
- 1/2 cup of grated carrots
- 1/2 cup of grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup brown rice quinoa (cooked)
- 4 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 tsp black chia seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Olive or coconut oil
8 cups rinsed and dried lettuce (mixed)
Mix the quinoa rice, turkey, carrot, chopped parsley, and chia seeds in a bowl until thoroughly blended. Shape the mixture into 4 patties. Heat in skillet on medium / medium-high. add a small amount of olive oil to the pan and cook the turkey burgers on both sides until cooked all the way through. Remove burgers and add to top of lettuce.
Unable to watch Dr. Oz on a daily basis? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view show recaps and summaries that are sent to your news feed to browse at your convenience.