Wheat Free Recipes – Triple Berry Muffin, No Gluten Chicken Wrap, and Creamy Shrimp Marinara
Today (January 30, 2014) Dr. Oz invited Dr. William Davis on to the show to talk about The Wheat Belly Diet and why reducing wheat in your diet can help you to improve your health and to reduce fat. Here are the no gluten, wheat free recipes that were shared on today’s episode :
Triple Berry Muffin Recipe
Dr. Oz and Dr. Davis realize that it isn’t easy to eliminate foods that you love (like muffins!), so they have shared wheat free alternative recipes for some common household favorites! The thought of eliminating muffins from your diet may seem depressing and even out of the question.. It’s a good thing that you can make muffins without using any ingredients that contain wheat!
Ingredients to make a wheat free baking mix :
- 4 cups of almond flour
- 1 cup of ground golden flaxseeds
- 1/4 cups of coconut flour
- 2 tsp of baking soda
Triple Berry Muffin Ingredients :
- 1/2 cup all purpose baking mix
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup mixed berries (they said that you can use either frozen or fresh)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- A sweetener (use a healthier sweetener like Stevia) that is equal to 1 tbsp of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
Preparation directions :
- Mix the baking mix, cinnamon, sweetener, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Add egg and whisk to the mixture and whisk until it is blended evenly.
- Add milk, berries, and butter and mix.
- Pour the mixture into a big sized mug or 10 ounce ramekin
- Microwave the mixture on high for 2 minutes. (you should be able to tell if the triple berry muffins are done by inserting a toothpick in the center. If the muffin is done the toothpick will come out cleanly)
Bacon and Balsamic Chicken Wrap
This recipe is quick and easy to make. Perfect for when you are on the go.
- 1 boneless chicken breast (cut the breast into strips)
- 4 slices of thick cut bacon
- 4 ounces of sliced portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 flaxseed wraps2 bups of shredded romaine lettuce leaves
Preparation directions :
- Heat up the olive oil in a large skilled on medium/high temp.
- Stir in the chicken, mushrooms and bacon.
- Saute the ingredients added for 8 minutes. Be sure that the chicken breast strips are no longer pink and that the bacon slices are cooked fully.
- Remove the bacon and chicken and set to the side.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the mushrooms and allow to simmer (while stirring) for another minute. Turn off the stove and remove from heat.
- Place the flaxseed wraps on a flat surface and add all of the ingredients listed above.
- Enjoy your No Gluten Chicken, Bacon, Mushroom, and Romaine Lettuce Wrap!
Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to view his show as often as you would like? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries.