Dolvett Quince Shares A Zucchini Lasagna and Quinoa Apple Recipe on Dr. Oz
Dolvett Quince was the special guest on today’s November 21, 2013 episode of Dr. Oz. They talk about how 2 lose 2 dress sizes in 21 days by following Dolvett’s 3-1-2-1 weight loss plan. In Dolvett’s plan you are even allowed to “cheat” on your diet as long as it’s a “planned” cheat. Find out how to lose the weight you want while still enjoying your favorite foods. During this segment on today’s Dr. Oz Dolvett shares a nutritious yet delicious Zucchini Lasagna and Quinoa Apple recipe to help you lose weight without ever feeling deprived of delicious foods.
Zucchini Lasagne Recipe
Not many people correlate lasagna and weight loss together, but if you choose the right ingredients, lasagna can be included in your diet plan.. Here are the ingredients and cooking directions that were shared on today’s 11-21-2013 show :
Zucchini Lasagna Ingredients :
- 1 pound of ground turkey (lean)
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 28 ounce can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- Three 1/4″ medium zucchini’s
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/3 cup of Parmasan cheese (fat free)
- 1 cup of cottage cheese (choose fat free)
Preparation directions :
- Set the oven to 375 degrees and preheat.
- Brown the ground turkey over medium heat
- Drain any fat from the ground turkey
- Add the chopped onion and garlic and saute for 2 mins.
- Add the dried oregano, basil, tomatoes, and pepper.
- Simmer on low for 30-40 mins until the sauce thickens
Cooking the zucchini directions :
- Cut the zucchini into slices
- Coat a large pan and spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- Saute the zucchini slices on both sides for 1 or two minutes on each side.
- Blot dry the zucchini with paper towel to remove excess oil.
Mix the cheeses and egg in a medium size bowl
Adding The Ingredients To The Casserole Dish
- In a 9″ x 12″ sized casserole dish spread 1/4 of the sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Layer 1/3 of the zucchini slices on top of the sauce in the casserole dish.
- Now spread 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese over the zucchini.
- Repeat the above steps 3 times
- Top the remaining sauce on top of the zucchini lasagne
- Cover with aluminum foil
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes
Quinoa Apple Salad Recipe
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of quinoa (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup of apples (chopped)
- 3/4 cup of sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of truvia
Preparation instructions :
- Boil the 2 cups of water in a a medium sized pan.
- Add quinoa
- Cook for 10-15 mins over medium heat
- Let the quinoa apple
- Add apples
- Add almonds
- Mix the olive oil, Truvia and vinegar in a bowl. Add the quinoa mixture that you prepared above and toss.
Enjoy your Quinoa Apple Salad!
Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to view his show regularly? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries.