Dr. Oz Invites Chris Powell On To The Show To Talk About Low Calorie Snacks & His 5 Minute Workout Transformation
Today Dr. Oz brought on the always popular Chris Powell to talk about 100 calories snacks, jump start meals, and a 5 minute workout to begin your body’s transformation. Chris Powell has been on Dr. Oz numerous times in the past talking about fitness & exercise routines and how to lose weight using his unique and very successful methods.
100 Calories Snack Options
Snacking can wreck any diet if you aren’t making the right choices. After you eat a bag of chips and wreck your diet you will likely feel defeated and might even abandon the diet altogether! Instead of allowing that to happen, Chris Powell had some 100 calorie snack options that you can take with you in advance. Simply add them to a plastic bag, throw them in your purse and you will be armed with healthy snack to ward off those mid meal cravings! Here are the 100 calorie snack ideas that Chris Powell talked about on the show :
- 1 cheese stick
- 1 apple
- 1 1/2 cups of fiber ceral
- 1 1/2 cups of popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups of grapes
- 4 slices of turkey
- 14 almonds
- 7 dried apricots
- 20 baby carrots
Chris Powell Jumpstart Meals
Chris Powell explained to Dr. Oz that you should eat 200 to 300 calories within 30 minutes of waking up. Here are the suggestions that he gave on today’s May 12, 2013 show :
- Hard boiled egg with Ezekiel toast
- 1/2 banana & almond buttter
- Cottage cheese, celery, and an orange
- 1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt & 1 tablespoon of low fat granola.
- Almond milk protein shake with an apple.
Measure Your Meals With Your Hands
Chris Powell said that using your hand as a measuring tool is a great way to make sure you are eating the correct portion size.
Here are the portion size recommendations he gave on the show :
- Vegetable serving size should be the size of two fists while clenched
- Protein serving size should be he thickness of your hand
- Carbohydrate serving size should be the size of one hand while clenched
- A serving size for fats should be the size of your thumb
Chris Powell’s 5 Minute Workout – Muscle Mass Transformation
Here is Chris’s 5 minute workout that consists of both high and low intensity exercises. You can do all of these exercises in the comfort of your own home without any special gadgets or machinery.
- Jog in place for 30 seconds as a warmup
- For the next 30 seconds jog (or run) in place with high intensity
- Step slide back and forth with low intensity for 30 seconds
- Increase the intensity to high as you d0 jumping jacks for 30 seconds
- Step back with your legs for 30 seconds. You should alternate each leg with each repetition
- Using high intensity make cross country stepping movements for 30 seconds
- punch across your knee motion for 30 seconds with low intensity
- Do uppercuts using high intensity for 30 seconds
This simple yet effective routine will boost your metabolism, increase calories, and increase your muscle mass. This routine only takes 5 minutes per day!
Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to view his show regularly? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and updates.