Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien Shares Her Strawberry Cheesecake & Apple Pie Cone Recipes on Dr. Oz
One of the most popular guests on Dr. Oz, Lisa Lillien (Hungry Girl Author) appeared on the show once again to share some of her favorite recipes that will satisfy your sweet tooth cravings without expanding your waistline. Today she offered tips to solve some of your biggest food frustrations so you can enjoy delicious treats without all of the guilt. Lisa is the author of “Hungry Girl 200 under 200″ : Just Deserts. Hungry girl also talks about which frozen food selections are the healthiest and what to look for. For all of the viewers with a sweet tooth, Lisa Lillian shares a mouth watering strawberry cheesecake and apple pie recipe in the closing segments of today’s Dr. Oz.
Hungry Girl’s Frozen Food Tips
Do you often get confused when you go down the frozen food aisle in the grocery store? Lisa talks about a few items that you should be adding to your cart because they are healthy, inexpensive, and easy to prepare.
Steel Cut Oatmeal – Steel cut oats do take a while longer to cook but they are healthier than regular oatmeal. The frozen steel cut oats however cook very quickly in the microwave and the expense is only about 4 dollars a box.
Greek Frozen Yogurt – Instead of ice cream consider Greek Frozen Yogurt. It is low in fat, calories, but high in protein. Not only that, it is delicious as well! Greek frozen yogurt pops are another health and delicious snack option that will be refreshing and nutritious all summer long.
Frozen Whole Grain Waffles (Low Fat) – Check the labels and find frozen whole grain waffles that have two to three grams of fiber and approximately 80 calories. Quick, easy and a healthier alternative to other waffle options in
Frozen Strawberries – Be sure to choose the frozen strawberries that don’t have any added sugar.
Super Strawberry Cheesecake by Hungry Girl Lisa Lillian
Did you ever think that you could enjoy strawberry cheesecake without the guilt?
- 6 oz Vanilla Greek Yogurt (reduced fat) – Set out to room temperature
- 16 oz fat free cream cheese – set out to room temperature
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp flour (all purpose)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites (approximately 4 egg whites) – room temperature
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Super Strawberry Cheesecake Topping
- 2 cups of frozen strawberries – Set out to partially thaw and cut them into slices
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Dash of salt
Preparation directions :
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9 inch cake pan with non stick spray
- Add cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla to a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Blend until smooth.
- Add egg whites, yogurt, lemon juice, flour, and cinnamon. Beat until mixed evenly.
- Add mixture to cake pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until firm. Remove fromoven and set aside to cool for approximately 2 hours.
- While the cake is cooling mix the cornstarch and 1/2 cup of cold water in medium saucepan. Stir. Add the remaining ingredients for the topping and stir.
- Set temperature to medium heat while stirring frequently. Cook until the topping becomes thick and gooey. This should take twelve to fourteen minutes. Pour into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Pour the cheesecake topping over the cake and cool in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Enjoy you strawberry cheesecake knowing that there are only 161 calories per slice!
Ooey-Gooey Apple Pie Cones By Lisa Lillien
- 1 1/2 cups of peeled and diced Fuji apples
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whipped topping (choose the low fat topping!)
- 5 sugar cones
Preparation directions :
- Using a small pan, mix the cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir.
- Add apples, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon and blend evenly
- Set stove top temp to medium and cook until apples get soft and the blended mixture becomes gooey. This process should take 14 to 16 minutes while frequently stirring during the process
- Pour the mixture into a medium bowl and cool for approximately an hour.
- Add apple mixture to sugar cone
- Top the sugar cones with 2 tbsp of reduced fat whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
Unable to watch Dr. Oz on a daily basis? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view show recaps and summaries so you don’t miss out on any great health tips or delicious recipes like were shown on today’s episode!