Dr. Oz Fat Burning Teas – Iced Mate, Matcha, Turmeric, White Tea
Summertime is in full swing and people are out enjoying the warm weather activities. In the opening episode Dr. Oz shared summertime diet recipes that use healthy alternative ingredients in summertime classic foods… During this segment Dr. Oz shared some iced teas that will boost your metabolism.. He explained how Iced mate, turmeric, white, and matcha teas can get your fat burning engines revved up to help you burn extra calories without any added effort than enjoying a delicious beverage.
Iced White Tea Helps Prevent Fat Cells From Forming
Do you like sweet teas? If so, White Tea may be a good option for you. Dr. Oz said that White Tea is rich in antioxidants that help the body to release fat rather than storing it in your body. Dr. Oz also mentioned that it helps to prevent fat cells from being formed in the body. He suggested adding some lemon slices for added flavor as well as the benefits of Vitamin C.
Iced Matcha Tea Recipe
Matcha Tea was the next beverage that Dr. Oz shared during this segment of the show. Here is all you have to do to make matcha tea :
- Add 2 tsps of Matcha Powder to a up a cup of water.. Mix it well to get out the lumps.
- Add frozen kiwi cubes and enjoy.
Iced Mate Sun Tea
Mate Tea is widely consumed in South America.. It contains fat burning compounds in the tea to help boost your metabolism and your energy as well. There is caffeine in Mate tea.. Here are the recipe directions :
- Mix 1/2 cup of Mate Tea mix with one gallon of water.. Place the sun tea jar in the the sun an hour and then strain.
- Adding mint to the tea will not only give it flavor, but it is also an appetite suppressant to help keep you from snacking in between meals.
Iced Turmeric Caffeine Free Option
Not wanting to consume any caffeine? Iced Turmeric Tea may be a good option for you. Turmeric helps to discourage fat cells from forming and it is also an excellent anti-inflammatory.
How to make turmeric tea :
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric with 1/4 teaspoon of ginger in a cup of boiling water.
- Allow to steep and cool
- Add lemon for flavor and vitamin c benefits.
Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to view his show as often as you would like? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries.