Clinton Kelly’s Cream of Tomato Soup Recipe On “The Chew”
Occasionally you see a recipe on The Chew that just makes you say to yourself “I must have this today!” Clinton Kelly and Carla Hall presented not just one but two mouth watering recipes that definitely fit in this “must have” category. Listed below are the Cream of Tomato and Turkey Melt recipes that they shared on the show to the viewers at home.
Cream of Tomato Soup by Clinton Kelly on The Chew
Sometimes you come up with the best improvised recipes when your cupboards are there or maybe missing the ingredients that you are used to. Clinton Kelly said that he was bored and came up with this Cream of Tomato soup when he was all out of soup.. Try this one at home and let us know what you think!
- 2 28 ounce cans of “Whole and Peeled” San Marzano Tomatos
- 1 thinly sliced white onion
- Olive oil
- 8 peeled and diced garlic cloves
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3/4 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 cups of basil leaves
Directions To Prepare Clinton Kelly’s Cream of Tomato Soup :
- Set oven temperature to 400 degrees and preheat.
- Drain the can of “Whole and Peeled” Tomatoes. Save the juice. You will use this later.
- Slice each tomato into two pieces.
- Add onions and mix
- Add smashed/diced garlic
- Add olive oil
- Spread out evenly on a pan and roast for 30 minutes while stirring midway through until the onions brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients in a pot. Add the tomato juices that you saved.
Simmer for 15 mins and enjoy.
Do you have any Cream of Tomato soup recipes that you would like to share? We would love to hear alternative ingredients and preparation directions on a timeless soup recipe like this.