Spicy Sweet Potato Frites Recipe With Kathie Lee and Hoda
When the leaves start to fall and fresh produce is harvested it’s time to add some pizazz to your family dinners. Kathie Lee and Hoda invited Executive Chef, Joel Gamoron on to the show to share his Sweet Potato Frites recipe. Sweet potatoes are very nutritious and a wonderful alternative to french fries! If you enjoy this recipe you should also check out other Joel Garoman recipes like his Warm Spinach Salad With Carmelized Red Onions and Blue Cheese recipe.. I thought both recipes looked delicious and I love to get a little creative in the kitchen during the fall season! Mmmmm, can’t wait to try these.. Also be sure to check out our Today Show Fan Forum and join in on the conversations!
Spicy Sweet Potato Frites Recipe by Joel Garoman
Ingredients To Make Frites!
- 2 lbs of sweet potatoes (medium size)
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp of fresh mint
- 1 tsp of dried coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp of oregano
- 1/2 tsp of dried fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp of dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- Tahini Dressing (The ingredients to make Tahini Dressing is listed below)
Tahini Dressing Ingredients :
- 2 to 3 tbsp lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 large minced garlic clove
- 1 tbsp of minced, fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup of Tahini
- 1/4 cup of water
Directions on how to prepare Frites
- Preheat oven (425 degrees)
- Grind up the fennel coriander, oregano, and red pepper flakes.. You can use a spice grinder for this to really grind up the herbs nicely
- Stire the spices and salt
- Cut the potatoes into one inch wedges (cut lengthwise)
- Toss the sweet potato wedges with vegetable oil and place in a roasting pan. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn the wedges over and roast for 15 to 20 more minutes until the potato wedges are tender
- Drizzle the spicy sweet potato frites with tahini dressing. Add some mint pieces to the top and enjoy.
How To Make Tahini Dressing
- Whisk together tahini, 1/4 cups of water, and two tbsp of lemon juice
- Add in and whisk cilantro, garlic, and salt to taste
- Sample the dressing and add more lemon juice if you think it needs more based on your preference.